DUI Evaluation & Substance Abuse Assessments
Advanced Counseling Evaluation Treatment and DUI Services are ready to help clients with DUI Evaluations, Department of Transportation Evaluations, and Substance Assessments for alcohol and drugs in Bloomington, Normal, Mclean County, Woodford County, Tazewell County, and surrounding areas.
The courts will require you to have a DUI evaluation if you have been arrested/cited for Driving Under the Influence. Check list for your DUI Evaluation appointment:
1. Copy of your Court Purposes driving abstract (current driving record) obtained from the Secretary of State (see bottom for google directions for Bloomington Department of Motor Vehicles).
A) Free if you see the Hearing Officer at the DMV.
B) $12 if you see the clerk at the DMV
2. Notice of Summary Suspension given to you the night of the arrest or Law Enforcement Sworn Report (same document, which must be obtained from the circuit clerk of the county you were arrested in).
Updated evaluation/Response to denial for license reinstatement
A Conviction for a DUI will result in your license being revoked, which will require an Updated Evaluation for the Secretary of State. Updated evaluations for the Secretary of State are valid for 6 months.
Investigative Report/Substance Abuse Assessment
A violation of 6-20 of the Liquor Control Act can impact your driving privileges and the Secretary of State or court may require an investigative report. The following offenses could require an evalution or a substance abuse assessment:
- Illegal Consumption by minor
- Zero Tolerance
- Possession of drugs in a vehicle
- Possession of drugs
- Theft involving alcohol or drugs
- Battery involving alcohol or drugs
Department of Transportation Evaluation
Department of Transportation requires anyone that has had a violation for drugs or alcohol, to complete an evaluation by a qualified SAP (Substance Abuse Professional).